With all the amazing recipes filled with promise out there, it’s easy to overlook the humble soup. That said, soup is one of the easiest ways to consume a broad range of vegetables. The benefit? When we cast the net wide, we are literally trusting mother nature to provide us with the most phytochemicals and phytonutrients needed for optimal wellness, health and heeling. Furthermore, soups are easy on digestion, especially once blended. They’re one of the most effective ways to nourish our bodies and deliver the ultimate nutritional benefits. So as life picks up pace and we slowly navigate our way out of the isolation phase (and a long stint of baking), not only is it convenient to have a super healthy soup on hand, but it’s equally refreshing, cleansing and nourishing. I hope you enjoy this one xx
1tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 leeks, sliced
3 zucchini’s, sliced
1 green or yellow pepper, diced
2 carrots, diced
1 sweet potato, diced
Organic Vegetable Stock
1/2 cup Yellow Split Peas
Sea Salt to taste
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat 1tbs Olive Oil, add the leeks and sauté until slightly translucent and golden. Add the remaining vegetables and stir to combine. Continue to sauté, stirring often until the veggies have softened.
- Add the boiling water / Veggie Stock until the vegetables are covered and slightly immersed. sprinkle with sea salt, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook for around 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a smaller saucepan, add the split peas, cover with water and simmer until the water has been absorbed. Keep a close eye them, careful not to burn.
- Add the cooked split peas to the soup just prior to the soup being ready, around 10 minutes before the soup is entirely cooked.
- Serve the soup as is, or blend, deepening on your preference. I love it blended, both for taste and digestion xx