I’m often asked how I find the time to make these healthy salads for lunch. Besides the fact that it’s one of my favourite past times, I totally get why it might not be everybody’s cup of tea. Hence, I always have a couple of tricks up my sleeve to share with clients and friends who want some tips.
Here’s the perfect way to transform last night’s dinner into today’s super food lunch. On the run, on the road or at home, its’ a simple process that pays off equally well at dinner time and for leftovers the following day. I’ve created an adapted version of the Goop Detox 2016 Detox Salad as the base, then sprinkled on a little magic to bring your salad to life the next day. Hope you give it a try and love it xx
For the Salad at dinner time
Inspired by the Goop Detox Salad
1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
1 bunch bok choy, thinly sliced
2 handfuls sugar snap peas
1 bunch asparagus, cut to 1cm pieces
3 spring onions, finely sliced
2tbs toasted sesame seeds
1tbs olive oil
1tbs sesame oil
2tsp (heaped) coconut sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
For the Following Day – Sesame & Blueberry Detox Ssalad
1-2 handfuls spinach leaves
1 handful blueberries
1/4 avocado, sliced
1tbs sesame seeds, toasted
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Protein of choice – I used a half serve of Salmon, grilled and seasoned with Sea Salt & Pepper
Directions – That night
1. Blanch the asparagus and sugar snap peas. Immerse in boiling hot water for 1 minute, remove and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
2. To assemble the salad, in a large serving bowl, combine the cabbage, bok choy, spring onions and blanched veggies.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
4. Reserve a portion of the salad and a serving of the dressing in air tight containers and store in the fridge over night. That evenings salad is now ready to be dressed, mixed together thoroughly and served alongside the protein of your choice together with some ‘good carbs’.
The Following Day
1. Transfer the salad from the air tight container to a small serving bowl, add the spinach leaves and dress with the reserved dressing. Mix together thoroughly.
2. Top with sliced avocado, a sprinkling of blueberries and the toasted sesame seeds. Serve along side the protein of your choice (Eg, grilled salmon seasoned with sea salt and pepper plus a drizzle of lime) and you are good to go xx